Please take this 7-question survey to help us make an even bigger difference in our community:
String Intensive Workshop
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Westminster Presbyterian Church,
2801 W Riverside Ave, Muncie, IN 47304
- 10:00-12:00 am for younger students (Suzuki, Prelude, and Overture)
- 10:00-1:30 for older students (Intermezzo and YSO)
- Pizza lunch provided at 12:00 (younger students invited to stay if they wish).
- Students will build string skills, working in small and large groups, through instruction by Dr. Matt Spieker and Partnership Program teachers.
- Suzuki students will play games to reinforce and introduce new violin and music reading concepts and skills, working with Tiffany Arnold
- Registration is free! Invite a friend (who already studies a string instrument)! Open to all students from Kindergarten through high school.
Contact Tiffany Arnold with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
As recently covered in The Star Press, Psi Iota Xi has generously funded our Summer Scholarship Program as part of their philanthropic mission. We are so grateful for their support. Pictured above is the Bargain Box at 607 E. Charles Street, a resale shop operated and staffed by volunteer members of Psi Iota Xi Sorority. Our Summer Scholarships provide funds for YSO and Intermezzo students to attend music camp or receive private instruction on their chosen instrument.
YSOECI program: Overture Strings
Number of years playing violin: 3
Favorite thing about Overture: Seeing her teachers
Favorite thing about playing violin: Playing the notes
Siblings: One brother
Favorite color: Mint green
Congratulations to Lucy Arnold, our Youth Symphony violinist who will be playing in the Indiana Junior High All State Orchestra in Fort Wayne this weekend! Lucy is assistant concertmaster of the Youth Symphony. She has played in YSO for four and a half years.
Saturday, March 23, 7:30 pm Muncie Symphony Side-by-Side Concert, Emens Auditorium
Sunday, April 7, 3:00 pm Spring Concert & Silent Auction, Sursa Hall
Saturday, April 13 Outreach Concert, Muncie Mall (time TBD)
On this #GivingTuesday, give children the gift of music!
The actual cost of our programs is $381 per child, which is far more than the $125 per child we charge in tuition. Our goal for this fundraiser is to raise the actual program cost for 10 children.
Please support the Youth Symphony, and allow us to reach children who might otherwise never learn to play an instrument and make music.
You can donate any number of ways:
- Text to donate by sending GIVEKIDSMUSIC to 44321
- Donate at our Facebook fundraiser
- Donate via PayPal by sending your donation to email@example.com
- Mail a check to YSOECI, P.O. Box 1463, Muncie, IN 47308
- Click a Donate button at the top of this page or on the right side of this page
Thank you for your support!
YSOECI program: Suzuki
Favorite color: Blue
School: Home school
Siblings: He has one sister
Favorite part of class: Playing the violin
Favorite song: Row, Row, Row Your Boat
Interesting/fun fact: Likes playing Pac-Man